Tuesday, January 03, 2006

new....yr...day....hour.....moment.......?

to my friends and family.....happy new year, i miss u who r there (wherever that is) and am thankful for the amazing light and warmth i feel from u regardless of distance......

the return to bisbee from cleveland affected just about every part of me. the marathon drive (2000 miles in 38 hours -2x in 10 days) pushed all the emotions into the sureal, and i still dont have a concrete idea how i feel about anything....i know it was a fantastic trip and that i miss my friends and making music w/ my favorite musicians and at the same time was exicted by the idea of returning to my new friends and beautiful landscapes of bisbee.

its funny how a place will fade once youve left it. i was amazed by how different the color of cleveland was all white and grey and once again by az, bright blue and red. and after the initial shock of temperature and view i forgot all about my new home-not the people or any of the events or responsibilities (i brought my laptop and did work for my new job in between all the gigs and sessions in cleveland - i think if have a work addiction or fear of stagnation or some such thing) it was the feeling of where i was that made me forget the feeling of where i lived both coming and going from cleve....but now im back - - -- - new years in bisbee is by far the most interesting place ive been. the town is filled w/ the freakest people, hobos and hippies, burning man folks, gypsies. all come to town to celebrate the clean slate, living in the mountains, playing music and doing tricks. its like a circus of dirty transience for about a week or so. colorful, though.

you all should come and check this shit out....